History of Leith, Edinburgh

March 27, 2013

ESCULAPIAN CLUB

There was an ESCULAPIAN CLUB, a relic of which survives in the Greyfriars Churchyard, where a stone records that in 1785 the members repaired the tomb of ” John Barnett, student of phisick (sic) who was born 15th March, 1733, and departed this life Ist April, 1755

source-Old and New Edinburgh?

Some Text