The History of Leith

March 15, 2013

St. John’s Established Church (Now Closed)

St. John’s Established Church . It was
originally a chapel of ease,but became a Free Church
from the Disruption in 1843 till 1867, when, by
adjudication, it reverted to the Establishment.
Designed by David Rhind, it has an imposing
front in the Early Pointed style, surmounted by a
lofty octagonal tower, terminating in numerous
pinnacles, and not in a tall slender spire, according
to the original intention of the talented
architect.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text