The History of Leith

February 13, 2013

Mr Andrew Young

1st January 1692.—(at the meeting hous)
Reported that according to the appoyntment of
the presbitery Mr John Anderson had solemnly
admitted the elders and deacons (after forenoon’s
sermon on Sabath last in ye meeting
hous) to take the inspection and oversight of
the whole parich of South Leith, the names of
them are here again insert (then come the
names of 15 elders and 15 deacdns.)
Upon ye same day the session unanimously
agreed that Mr Andrew Young as formerly
should continue clerk of the session.
(Note.—Mr Andrew Young came from Newcastle
as mentioned under 8th December 1690.)

source-South Leith Records

Some Text