The History of Leith

January 26, 2013

Mr Charles Kay (at South Leith Church)

Upon the 28 of August, Mr Charles Kay
second Minister of St. Cuthberts being called
to be second minister here had his edict in
order yrunto publickly read in face of ye
congregation and a copy yrof affixed upon ye
most patent door of the church yt none might
pretend ignorance.
(Note.—Mr Kay was an Episcopalian minister,
and as such was destined to wage an historic conflict
in South Leith Church. He was deprived in 1694 for
non-jurancy. His appointment to the church would
indicate that the majority of the session from choice
or necessity were inclined towards Episcopacy.)

source-South Leith Records

Some Text