The History of Leith

January 18, 2013

St. Anthony’s Port

The preceptory of St Anthony at Leith was of the most magnificent
description, and the southern gate there
was named St. Anthony’s Port,
from its proximity to the establishment.
The lofty steeple was
long a conspicuous object; but
in the siege of Leith in 1559-60
it was beaten down by an English
eight-gun battery,

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text