The History of Leith

January 13, 2013

The Workhouse

North Leith erected its own poorhouse in 1763 in the Citadel area.

After 1845, the parishes of North Leith and South Leith, separated by the Water of Leith, were administered by separate Parochial Boards and operated their own poorhouses which stood within a few hundred yards of each other. for more click here

Some Text