The History of Leith

October 11, 2012

Marlin

In 1532 the
High Street was
first paved or causewayed,
and many of
the old tenements
renovated. The former was done under the superintendence
of a Frenchman named Marlin, whose
name was bestowed on an alley to the south. The
Town Cfouncil ordered lights to be hung out by
night by the citizens to light the streets, and Edinburgh
became a principal place of resort from all
parts of the kingdom.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text