The History of Leith

October 10, 2012

Sir John Hope

No. 57 Northumberland Street was the residence
of the gallant Sir John Hope (afterwards
Lord Niddry and Earl of Hopetoun), while serving
as Brigadier-General, after Corunna, on the staff in
Scotland, from 1810 till he rejoined the Peninsular
army and took command of the left wing at the
battle of Nivelles.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text