The History of Leith

October 9, 2012

John Touris of Inverleith.

In 1160 John Abbot of Kelso granted to Lawrence,
the son of Edmund of Edinburgh, a toft situated
between the West Port and the Castle, on the left
of the entrance into the city. In this little burgh
there were of old eight incorporated trades, deriving
their rights from John Touris of Inverleith.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text