The History of Leith

October 2, 2012


INFIRMARY STREET is now a continuation of
Chambers Street to the eastward, and is a thoroughfare
of great antiquity, as it led from the north
side of the Kirk-of-field, past the Dominican
Monastery and into the Old High School Wynd.
In 1647 it was a double street with one long continuous
line of houses, occupying the whole frontage
of the future infirmary, and having six long
abutments (or short closes) running south towards
the south-eastern flank of the City wall

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text