The History of Leith

July 4, 2012

The king’s troops on Leith Links

In 1745 saw Leith Links studded with the tents of a cavalry camp, when,
prior to the total rout of the king’s troops at
Prestonpans, Hamilton’s Dragoons (now the i4th
Hussars) occupied the Links, from whence they
marched, by the way of Seafield and the Figgate
Muir, to join Sir John Cope.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text