The History of Leith

July 3, 2012

The silver club

When the silver club was given by the magistrates
and Town Council of Edinburgh, in 1744, to
be played for annually on the Links of Leith, in
the April of the following year, just before the
rising intiie Highlands, the Lord President Forbes
was one of the competitors, together with Hew
Dalrymple, Lord Hailes, and other men then
eminent in the city.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text