The History of Leith

June 29, 2012

The Kings Wark and Restalrig

That some funds were derivable from the King’s
Wark to the Crown is proved by the frequent
payments with which it was burdened by several
of our monarchs. Thus, in the year 1477 James
III. granted out of it a perpetual annuity of twelve
marks Scots, for support of a chaplain to officiate
at the altar of ” the upper chapel in the collegiate
church of the Blessed Virgin Mary at
Restalrig.”

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text