The History of Leith

June 7, 2012

The Leith Walk public school

Northward of Windsor Street, in what was once
a narrow, pleasant, and secluded path between
thick hedgerows, called the Lovers’ Loan, was
built, in 1876, at a short distance from the railway
station, the Leith Walk public school, at a cost of
£9,000; it is in the Decorated Collegiate style,
calculated to accommodate about 840 scholars, and
is a good specimen of the Edinburgh Board schools

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text