The History of Leith

May 31, 2012

The Easter Beacon of Leith

In 1554 the Easter Beacon of Leith is referred to
in the Burgh Accounts, and also payments made
about the same time to Alexander, a quarrier at
Granton, for stones and for Gilmerton lime, for
repairs upon- the harbour of Leith. These works
were continued until October, 1555, and great
stones are mentioned as having been brought from
the Burghmuir.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text