The History of Leith

May 3, 2012

Sand Port Street, Leith

Sand Port Street, which led to the
then beach, with a few old houses near the “citadel,
and the old church of St. Ninian, comprised the
whole of North Leith at the time of the Union.
There the oldest graving-dock was constructed in
1720, and it yet remains, behind a house not far
from the bridge, dated—according to Parker
Lawson—1622.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text