History of Leith, Edinburgh

April 21, 2012

Shrub Hill on Leith Walk

Shrub Hill, the villa on a little eminence northward
of the Botanical Gardens, in 1800 was the
property of the dowager Lady Maxwell, and appears
as such in the map of 1804. She was Lady Maxwell
of Monreith, whose husband died in 1771, and
whose second daughter Jane became Duchess of
Gordon in 1767.

Source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text