The History of Leith

February 13, 2012

The last of the bishops in, Blackfriars Wynd

Dr. Hay, who now lies interred in an obscure churchyard, without a stone to mark his grave, was the last of the bishops in, Blackfriars Wynd. The upper portion of the tenement he occupied was destroyed by fire in 1791. It was seven storey’s in height, as appears by an account of the conflagration in the Scots Magazine for that year, which adds, many poor families have lost their all.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text