History of Leith, Edinburgh

February 6, 2012

The ancient leper hospital at Dingwall’s Castle;

During the year 1584, when the Earl of Arran was Provost of the city, on the 3oth September, the Council commissioned Michael Chisholm and others to inquire into the order and condition of an ancient
leper hospital which stood beside Dingwall’s Castle; but of the former no distinct trace is given in Gordon’s view.

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text