The History of Leith

November 14, 2011

The History of South Leith-1895/1911

1895, Nov. 7.-—Presentation of Baptismal
Font.
1901.—Rev. Dr Mitchell elected Moderator
of the General Assembly.
1902.—Elders’ vestry added to Church,
and electric light introduced.
1903, Dec. 31.—Resignation of the Very
Rev. James Mitchell, D.D.
1904, Septr. 27.—Rev. John White, M.A.,
admitted minister of South Leith.
1906, Ootr.— Lectern
Church.
introduced into
1907, Now. 12. — Halls in Duke Street
opened after being reconstructed.
1909, June 24. — Celebration of Tercentenary.
1909, Dec. 2nd, 3rd, ±th.— Bazaar.
1910, May 20. — Memorial Service for King
Edward VII.
1911, June 7. — Rev. John White translated
to the Barony Parish.
1911, June 22. — Coronation Service for
King George V.

Some Text