The History of Leith

November 4, 2011

The Rev. David Thorburn

2 April 1833.—The Rev. David Thorburn who, this day, took his seat in the Session, was ordained to the office of the Ministry and admitted as Minister of this Parish in the Second Charge by the Presbytery of Edinburgh on the 14th Ult.
(Note.—Mr Thorburn was second minister of the church until he seceded in 1843. His father was a tea and coffee merchant, his warehouse being at the corner of Laurie Street and the Kirkgate. The family occupied the present manse, prior to its purchase by the heritors in 1846. Some of Mr Thorburn’s relations are still resident in Leith (As at 1925).)

Source-South Leith Records

Some Text