The History of Leith

November 4, 2011

Gas at South Leith

10 Septr. 1833.—The Session appointed Messrs. Reoch, Scarth and Weir a Committee to consult with the different bodies, proprietors of the Church, as to having the Church lighted with Gas, with power to concur for the Session in any reasonable plan for attaining the object in which the other proprietors may take part and bear their proportion of the expense. Mr Reoch to be Convener.
(Note.—Compare Minute of 10 October 1692. The church continued to be lighted with gas until 1902 when electricity was introduced.)

Source-South leith Records

Some Text