The History of Leith

October 11, 2011

The Giles family

llth December 1794.—There was signed in the Session “Charter of Confirmation and Precept of Clare” Constat in favour of William Giles, Brewer in Leith, eldest son and Heir of John Giles Brewer there of All and Haill that Tenement of Land or Building, Brewhouse yeard, Gloss. Well Kill Coble and whole pertinentslying in St.Anthons which formerly belonged to Robert Anderson, Brewer in Leith.
(Note.—The Giles family was well-known in the town throughout the 18th century. Their premises are now occupied by Messrs Keddie & Hood, provision merchants. Their burial ground adjoins that of Hugo Arnot.)

Some Text