The History of Leith

August 26, 2011

St. Leonard’s in Leith

In 1439 Patrick, abbot of Holyrood, granted to Sir Robert Logan and his heirs the office of bailie over the abbey lands of St. Leonards, “lyande in the town of Leicht, within the barony of Restalrig,
on the south halfe the water, from the end of the gret volut of William Logane on the east part to the common gate that passes to the ford over the water of Leicht, beside the waste land near the
house of John of Turing,” etc. (Burgh Charters.)

source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text