The History of Leith

August 8, 2011

The ticket of annexation of Restalrig

13 Septr. 1655.—Mr Roswell reportit that the presbyterie refused to insert and registrat in yr book the ticket of annexation of Restalrig to the south Kirk of Leith but he thinks to gait it registrat in som uyr books.
(Note.—It is not known whether this registration was ever completed. The double title “parson of Restalrig and minister of South Leith” seems to indicate that the union of the two parts was not quite
complete. In the “protestation” of 15 June 1654, the Rev. John Hog reserves his rights to the stipend, glebe, manse, &c., of Restalrig.)

Source-South Leith Record

Some Text