The History of Leith

August 6, 2011

Tokens

18 Aug. 1737.—Appoints the three several setts of Tokens to be turned into one sett and to be new stamped with the figure of the Church upon the one side and the letters S.L.K. on the other side.
(Note.—Some years ago Bailie Goalen presented to the Session a case of our old tokens. This is displayed in the church porch, but unfortunately the collection is not complete, some of the specimens being no longer in existence. We gather here, as at other times, that an old series was melted down to make a new series.)

Some Text