The History of Leith

July 23, 2011

The jurisdiction of the Bailie of St Anthony’s

31 March 1646.—Ye Sessione in ane voice unanimusly condescendit yat Jhone Moubray ye Laird of Cammo should be bailie of St Anthons.
(Note.—The jurisdiction of the Bailie of St Anthony’s extended over the lands belonging to the church and the people residing thereon. The last of these Bailies was Thomas Barker of Yardheads
Brewery, who held office so late as 1833. The Moubrays had been lairds of Cammo and Barnbougle for centuries, but sold their estates in 1637.)

Source-South Leith Records

Some Text