The History of Leith

June 10, 2011

Windmills in Leith

20th January 1606 John Ballantyne and Thomas Johnston In the name of the Maltmen protested to the session and dissented from the sell of the windmill.
(Editors note- There were three windmills In Lelth the only one to be seen today without sails is the Signal Tower on the shore, However it started life off as a Rapeseed windmill, it was built by Robert Mylne in 1685. The other two were built at St Anthony’s (Yardheads) and at Links Lane near to South Lelth Church.)

source-South Leith Records

Some Text