The History of Leith

June 8, 2011

The Cloekmilne Bridge

26 August 1686. — Compeared Andrew Broune at ye Clookmilne Bridge.
(Note.—The Cloekmilne Bridge carries the ancient road which went from the Canongate by Abbeyhill, Spring Gardens, Restalrig, and the Fishwives’ Causeway, over the water course which drained the Nor’
Loch.. It took its name from the Olokistone Mylne which formed the eastern boundary of the Sanctuary of
Holyrood. The Clockmill House, surrounded by old trees, stood in the King’s Park until removed in 1859. Its site is now occupied by the Parade Ground. There still exists a Clockmill Lane.)

Some Text