The History of Leith

June 8, 2011

Mr James Waugh

25 May 1682.—Mr James Waugh was admitted parson of Restalrig and first minister here by ye Rev Mr Robert Scott minister of ye church of Holyroodhous.
(Note. —The Minutes do not disclose what became of Mr Hamilton. From other sources we learn that he became sub-dean of the Chapel-Royal in May 1681 and was later translated to the Tolbooth church. With the appointment of Mr James Waugh, A.M., both charges were now occupied by Episcopalian ministers.)

source-South Leith Records

Some Text