The History of Leith

April 27, 2011

St. John’s Established Church (Now Closed)

St. John’s Established Church adjoins it. It was originally a chape! of ease, but became a Free Church from the Disruption in 1843 till 1867, when, by adjudication, it reverted to the Establishment. Designed by David Rhind, it has an imposing front in the Early Pointed style, surmounted by a lofty octagonal tower, terminating in numerous pinnacles, and not in a tall slender spire

Source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text