The History of Leith

March 30, 2011

The Broad Wynd

The Broad Wynd opens westward off Water Lane to the shore. The first number of The Leith and Edinburgh Telegraph and General Advertiser, published *6th July, 1808, by William Oliphant, and continued until September, 1811, appeared, and was published by a new proprietor, William Reid, in the Broad Wynd, where it was continued till its abandonment, (9th Match, 1813, comprising in all 483 numbers. It was succeeded
by The Leith Commercial List. Aa extensive building, of which frequent mention is made by
early historians as the King’s Wark, seems to have occupied the whole ground between this and the present Bernard Street

Source-Old and New Edinburgh

Some Text