The History of Leith

March 18, 2011

Meeting House Green and John Knox’s Church

Near Cable’s Wynd, which adjoins this alley, and between it and King Street, at a spot called Meeting-house Green, are the relics of a building formerly used as a place of worship, and although it does not date farther back than the Revolution of 1688, it is oddly enough called “John Knon’s Church.”

Some Text