The History of Leith

March 16, 2011

Trinity House

Immediately opposite St. Mary’s Church stands the Trinity House of Leith, elected on the site of the original edifice bearing that name,
This Seaman’s Hospital was dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and the inscription which adorned the ancient building is now built into the south wall of the new one, facing St. Giles’s Street, and is cut in large an ornamental antique letters:—
” In the name of the Lord
Ye Masters and Mariners
Bless this house
to ye Povr
anno Domini 1555

Some Text