The History of Leith

October 26, 2010

Piershill Barracks,Edinburgh

Piershill Barracks were situated to the east of Jock’s Lodge, on the northern side of Portobello Road. They were built in 1794 and were home to various regiments including the 6th Inniskillin Dragoon Guards and the 17th Lancers. The barracks were demolished in 1938 to build council housing at East and West Piershill Squares. for more click here

Some Text