The History of Leith

October 12, 2010

Edinburgh, Leith Links, ‘Giant’s Brae’

The large mound, visible on Leith Links, known as “Giant’s Brae” is traditionally identified as the remains of a gun position, Somerset’s Battery, occupied by six cannon, set up in 1560 during the siege of Leith against the Queen Regent, Marie de Guise-Lorraine. for more click here

Some Text