The History of Leith

October 4, 2010

Preston Tower, Prestonpans

Preston Tower, Prestonpans
Remains of a late medieval towerhouse with associated gardens. The four storey tower house was built in the early 15th century with the addition of two stories in the early 17th century. It was burnt down three times; in 1544 by the Earl of Hereford as part of Henry VIII’s ‘Rough Wooing’, in 1650 by Cromwells troops and again in 1663 by accident. for more click here

Some Text