The History of Leith

August 20, 2010

St Mary’s (Roman Catholic) Cathedral,Edinburgh

The original See of St Andrews was founded before 900; erected into a Metropolitan See by Bull of Sixtus IV on 17th August 1472 and was vacant for 307 years from the execution at Stirling of John Hamilton, eighth Archbishop, on 6th April 1571 until the restoration of the hierarchy in 1878. It is with the ancient primatial See of St Andrews that our present Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh has continuity

for more click here

St Mary’s_0002

Movie_0003

(c) John Arthur

Some Text