The History of Leith

May 29, 2010

Water Street


Click on image to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

Old name the Pipes, D.1827. From the reservoir at the foot of the Kirkgate, o.& n.e. iii. 213. The chief of water supply was from Lochend, Irons, ii. 168. Maitland 502-3754 by permission of Earl of ray, to whom were granted in return pews in South Leith Church, formerly possessed by Lord Balmerino, executed 1746, j.r.

Some Text