The History of Leith

May 29, 2010

Burgess Street


Click on Image to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

Formerly Burgess Close, a little beneath Tolbooth Wynd, Leith, Maitland 48.5 c.2. granted bv Sir Robt. Logan of Restalrig to the burgesses of Edinburgh to gain access to the harbour, o.& n.e. iii, 166, 167, 235. D. 1827. Wilson ii. 192. Burges Cl., Leith, Prot. 7/8/1717. p.w.5.

Some Text