The History of Leith

May 26, 2010

Parliament Street


Click to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

Also ancient Parliament Court. (Parliament Close, St. Leonard’s Lane and St. Andrew St., D.1827. Parliament Square, D.1800. Probably because the Earl of Lennox and the Earl of Mar held their councils there from 1571, o.& n.e. iii. 247. Parliament Close, Kirkwood, j.r.s.l. 292.

Some Text