The History of Leith

May 25, 2010

St Anthony Lane


Click on Image to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

From ancient church dedicated to St. Anthony. There was also St. Anthony’s port in the wall of the foot erected by D’Esse in 1548, t.t.l 6, o.& n.e. iii. 217. St. Anthony St., p.w. 1780/81, 107. Kirkgate, D.1800, 76, D.1827. Kirkwood. t.t.l. 151. “St. Anthony’s Court”, D.1800, 241. Hospital of St. Anthony (of Egypt) built by Robert Logan, 1430, first of the Logans of Restalrig through his wife Katherine, daughter and heiress of Sir John de Lestalric, who died 1382, j.r.s.l. 105.

Some Text