The History of Leith

September 1, 2009

St. Andrew Square

IMG_1072
Click to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

St. Andrew Square is a city square in Edinburgh, Scotland located at the east end of George Street. The construction of St. Andrew Square began in 1772 [1] by James Craig, which was during the early life of the New Town. Within six years of its completion St. Andrew Square became one of the most desirable and most fashionable residential areas in the city [2]. As the 19th century came to a close, St. Andrew Square evolved into the commercial centre of the city.for more click here

Some Text