The History of Leith

August 11, 2009

Queensberry House-Now part of the Scottish Parliament

IMG_6787
Clic to enlarge
(c) John Arthur
Commissioned in 1681 by Lord Haltoun but sold upon completion some 5 years later to William, 1st Duke of Queensberry.

William’s son James (2nd Duke of Queensberry) then lived here with his children including Lord Drumlanrig, his eldest son whose existence was kept secret for many years as he was considered a ‘wild madman’, and lived chained up in it’s ground floor rooms. for more click here

Some Text