The History of Leith

June 3, 2009

Edinburgh, Leith Wynd, Trinity College Church And Hospital

In 1460 Mary of Gueldres founded Trinity College and Hospital in memory of her late husband, King James II. By 1585, the original buildings had deteriorated and the hospital moved into College buildings that had become redundant following the Reformation. In 1845 the hospital was still in use when it was demolished to make way for an extension to Waverley Station.

Information from RCAHMS (SC) 2 August 2007
Holmes, N M McQ 1988

for more click here

Some Text