The History of Leith

January 11, 2009

Ramsay Garden from the Mound

img_2863
Click to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

1733-4 (Ramsay Lodge) with alterations and additions, principally Arthur George Sydney Mitchell and George Wilson, 1893. Asymmetrical 2-storey, basement and attic U-plan tenement with Arts and Crafts/Scottish vernacular detailing, incorporating the 18th century octagonal Ramsay Lodge (see Notes), with pitch-roofed E and W blocks and linking bays designed by Mitchell and Wilson. Squared and snecked stugged red sandstone with polished dressings, and cream harl. Swept roofs with broad bracketed eaves. squared and snecked droved red sandstone with polished dressings for more click here

Some Text