The History of Leith

December 13, 2008

Edinburgh Castle, David’s Tower

David’s Tower, now a ruin, commanded the approaches on the east side of the castle – contemporary record states it to have been about 60ft high. The original building plan was “L” shaped; later the plan was made square. The main part of the original building has been greatly lowered and only the remains of a vaulted chamber under the Hall is now to be seen. The pointed arches of the window recesses belong to late 14th century.
J S Richardson and M Wood 1948. for more click here

Some Text