The History of Leith

December 2, 2008

Mons Meg-Edinburgh Castle


click on image to enlarge
(c) John Arthur

Mons Meg is a large bombard now located at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland. There are conflicting theories about its origins, but it appears from the accounts of Philip III, Duke of Burgundy that it was made to his order around 1449 and sent as a gift 8 years later to King James II of Scotland, with other artillery supplies. for more click here

Some Text