The History of Leith

November 13, 2008

Derivation of Edinburgh Street Names

PART 1: This part consists of the notes of Charles B. Boog Watson, FRSE, FSA (Scotland), one of Edinburgh’s most noted historians and antiquaries. An engineer by profession, he was a former vice president of the Old Edinburgh Club contributing frequently to their proceedings and he was also, for many years, a member of the Edinburgh Public Libraries Committee.

PART 2: This section contains notes on the history and derivation of streets named between about 1820 and the date of the termination of the Edinburgh Corporation on 15th May 1975. Research was carried out under the direction of the City Engineer by Mr. W. G. Park, the assistant concerned with street names.

for more click here

Some Text