The History of Leith

September 29, 2008

Lady Fyfe’s Brae


(c) John Arthur

In 1783-9 James, Earl of Lauderdale resided in a mansion just east of Hermitage which by 1812 was occupied by Lady Fyfe and there was a well on the Links called Lady Fyfe’s Well and the hill on the Links nearest to the house was called Lady Fyfe’s Brae.

Some Text